328 Design GmbH, situated at Oberpfaffenhofen airport, is an EASA approved Design Organization for the Dornier 328 aircraft and for Supplemental Type Certificates on other aircrafts. The company is engaged in development, modification and certification of aircrafts as well as parts and assemblies. The core business is the support of the Dornier 328 fleet.
We are offering a
Master Thesis or Internship (f/m) in Aeroelasticity
Start date: asap
Duration: 4-6 month
Language: optionally in German or Englisch Language
In the past the aeroelastic analyses for the Dornier 328 were performed with an inhouse-tool developed by Dornier. Since the support of this legacy tool would be very labor expensive, it was decided to migrate the aeroelastic analyses for the Dornier 328 into a MSC Nastran or NX Nastran based environment. The input data for the aeroelastic analyses (e.g. stiffness and mass matrices) are available and can be reused. The results of the ground vibration tests, aerodynamic analyses and flight tests are available and shall be used for validation purposes.
- Familiarize with the Dornier inhouse-tool for aeroelasticity and aeroelastic data for the Dornier 328
- Transform existing input data into Nastran format
- Introduce degrees of freedom for control devices, control paths and control surfaces
- Perform ground vibration test (GVT) simulation and compare with existing GVT results
- Define aerodynamic grid for lifting surfaces and propeller
- Perform flutter analysis and compare with existing analysis and flight test results
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering or equivalent
- Master’s course in aeroelasticity, successfully completed
- Good software skills in MSC or NX Nastran
- Good English skills, German skills would be beneficial
Did we draw your interest? Then we are looking forward to your application with the earliest possible starting date.